Friday, May 20, 2011

No Bake Truffles!



As I was perusing Pinterest for some fabulous ideas that I would never execute I came across a recipe for no bake truffles that seemed too easy not to try.  Here is the link to the original blog http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/04/no-bake-vanilla-cake-batter-chocolate-truffles.html

So without further ado here we go:





You need:
1 cup vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla
7 oz semi-sweet chocolate 




Add the first three ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until mixed completely.  When your done it should look like the picture below


Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.


Form into balls and then back into the fridge for 30 more minutes.  I made larger truffles, think two bites vs. one bite, and got 14 out of the recipe, I think you easily get around 20 out of this recipe.


Microwave the chocolate in one minute increments until melted and then spoon/dunk/cover/paint the truffles with the chocolate.  I know I used semi-sweet, I'm sure that dark would work well too, but think that white or milk would probably be too sweet.


Allow to air dry on a silpat mat or waxed paper.  Now I know a lot of places you will see people suggest that you chill them in the fridge to hurry up the cooling/hardening process, I don't do that because I find that the chocolates sweat when you serve them after the chilling.  I know it takes longer to harden this way, but for me for a presentation stand point, it's worth the time.


I brought them to the office today and they are gone.  But I get to bring home the empty box so that I can refill it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment