Thursday, May 12, 2011

Shoes tell a story


Because deep in his soul The Boy is a Corcoran he finds comfort in the familiar.  That explains why for the past 18 months I've bought the same pair of shoes in three different sizes.  Given the opportunity to choose a new color or style The Boy has declined and gone for the green converse low tops.  Where the other parent in his life suggests a change, I recognize the need for consistency, after all I owned four pairs of black Bass penny loafers in high school.

What I didn't understand as a child that I do now as a parent is the mess that is created by multiple pairs of the same shoe.  I've on more than one occasion gone to throw away the too small shoes only to sit there and think "am I sure this is the pair that should be tossed?"  At which point I am distracted by something shiny and before you know it another pair of green shoes has shown up to confuse me even more.

So one morning as The Boy slept, I lined up all the shoes and did what had to be done.  I took the picture and threw the too small pairs in the closet for next fall when we buy the fourth pair...

No comments:

Post a Comment