Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sparkly Tree Part Two

Okay so remember the Sparkly Silver Tree of my dreams? Yeah, that one.  I knew that the tree needed to have some special glittery ornaments to make it perfect.  Pink and Purple ones.  Now you have to understand that once I get something in my mind that's it, nothing else will do.  So of course I was less than successful in finding glittery ornaments so I was forced to make them myself.

Here's what I used:

Glitter from Jo-Anns it was a pretty large chunk glitter


As an adhesive I used decoupage gel.

Start with a glass ornament and tie a piece of ribbon or string through the loop.  It you are a neat crafter then I suggest tying on the ribbon that you are going to use to hang the ornament.  Next, cover the  ornament ball with the decoupage gel.  I made it kinda thick all the way around the ball.  Sprinkle the glitter generously around the ball.  If you feel the need, press the glitter into the decoupage gel and add a second layer

Hang the ornament to dry.  I gave them a good hour to really set up and then shook them to get off any excess glitter and then let them sit one more hour.

 Please note the bamboo skewers that we bought for shishkabobs came in very handy for this drying process and the paper towel kept the glitter off the kitchen island. Sorta...

When completely dry, add to tree.

Once again, Arthur approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment